Thursday, May 26, 2011

Possibly in Labor?

My due date has come and gone. I don't hold to fast to the due date given to me by the doctor, but I do feel that it is fairly accurate and somehow thought that I would actually be holding a baby by now! I was really hoping for my brother's birthday, since we are giving this baby (if it's a girl) the same middle name as both him and my father. We still don't have a boys name!

Tonight I am having some good contractions. They are spaced about 15 minutes apart and are the crampy kind, not the full stomach tightening ones. I would love to say that I am in labor, especially because one of them woke me up earlier during my nap, but there is every possibility they will stop and I could do it all again tomorrow. Last Saturday I was having some really intense, full stomach contractions with LOTS of pressure in the pelvic floor, but I chose to go to test them by going to bed and they stopped. I've had some contractions pretty much every evening since then. I guess I will have to wait and see.

I'm going to use this fun little webpage to track contractions tonight. And I'm going to stay up and sitting up to see if that helps. I don't really know what else to do. Maybe I can sit out on the porch and repot plants? Something to keep me busy and distracted. Maybe sewing?

Anyway, if you read this tonight, keep me in prayer. All of our supplies are ready, our bedroom is ready, we have child care lined up for emergency situations or change in our plans to birth unassisted, but above all things, I am relying on God to bring all of us through this situation as He has intended by design. Thanks and Shalom :)

1 comment:

  1. Praying!!! :)

    (you could watch dvds while you wait for the lil one!)

    (or eat chocolate) ;)

    ReplyDelete